As we enter in 2017, the remodeling and home improvement projects of 2016 have led to us to predict what we are going to see more of in the next year. These home improvement trends are on point and will dominate in 2017.
Bathroom home improvements are on the rise.
- Pebble Flooring: Pebbled tile can be found on the floors of shower remodels. It comes in a rough rock version or a sawed smooth version to give the illusion of rocks without the roughness. Pebbled rock under tubs can give a unique spa look to your bathroom remodel.
- Porcelain Tile: Porcelain wood tile is very popular lately. A soft grey color is usually chosen to give a shower a modern look. This tile can go in as is or liners can go in to give it a unique look. A popular flooring option is using pebble tile. You can choose a pebbled rough texture or a cut pebble texture for the flooring. This look is very much on the rise because of its neutral soft tones.
- Textured tile: You will find textured tile on shower walls is very popular in showers. These tiles can come in various colors, sizes and textures. White tiles with wave textures are also very popular and gave your shower a very beautiful, almost serene look. Adding a nice glass tile liner can also help add some color to your shower.
- Lighted Mirrors: Mirrors can be a unique decorative aspect that go into bathroom design. Now mirrors are taking it up a notch by being lit. Light up mirrors are coming into the fold now coming in various shapes and sizes. Forget clunky sconces near your bathroom mirror, light up mirror give off enough light and once they are turned off they look like a regular mirror. Prefect for a nice clean design and the light is perfect for personal prepping and makeup application!
- Pendant Lights: Pendant lights are not just for kitchens anymore; they are headed to the bathroom. Pendant lights look great above a vanity and come in numerous colors, shapes, colors, styles and textures. Bring your theme to life and add a unique flair to the design by adding these lights.
Kitchen remodels are very much in demand and still rising.
You will continue to see open kitchens and additions in 2017. Open kitchens with islands are a big hit because they are so versatile in entertaining. Here are some of the trends in the kitchen you will see in 2017.
- Functioning islands- The kitchen is the entertainment room now a days and having a kitchen island is where your company will flock to. So the decision you need to make is what are you using your island for? Is it for prep works, cooking, cleaning, eating or entertaining? If you want appliances or sinks then your kitchen will get bigger. It is possible to have your island be a functioning one and allow seating.
- Wine refrigerators: Love wine but not a wine connoisseur? No problem wine refrigerators are starting to pop up more and more in kitchen remodels. Wine refrigerators come with single or dual refrigeration. Consider the types of wine you want to store to determine the type of wine refrigerator you need to purchase.
- Built in Microwaves: Microwaves are starting to look trendy in new kitchens. Some are built-in and some are countertop versions. Typically in remodels we tend to see more built in microwaves. Built-ins are microwaves that are installed in a cabinet and have custom fitting and kits. These can be located and placed in various parts of the kitchen. Some are over the stove or on top of a built-in oven. Others are built into the island with a microwave drawer installed instead of a typical microwave
- Wet Bar: Wet bars are now being seen in living rooms just outside the kitchen and are being built with such sophistication! Single-wall wet bars are a great way to put walls with views to work. You won’t have upper cabinets to deal with. All your bottles and glasses can be stored and can be kept below. This allows you to have more counter space and maybe even add a sink
This is one material you will see all over the place, outside on your home, fireplace surround, bathroom backsplash, kitchen island accent or kitchen backsplash! The natural stone look is making its way to your home. You will see this a lot more in 2017!
Whatever your home improvement project may be for 2017, keep your eyes peeled for these trends. You may like what you see in your planning process!!!