Steam showers really bring that luxury spa element to your bathroom remodel. If you are thinking about adding a steam shower in your San Diego bathroom remodel, we suggest the following manufacturers: Mr. Steam. Steamist and Thermasol. It is important to keep in mind that a steam shower is not like any other bathroom remodel. Here are a few key details for you to remember.
- When installing a steam shower, you have make sure that the shower is enclosed and insulated. A water-tight shower door and floor drain is vital. Also when looking for shower wall materials, make sure you pick materials that are non-porous.
- When taking in steam, the most important thing to consider is to relax and enjoy the steam. That can’t be done without seating. Consider getting a bench made or if you are limited on space, fold-up seats are an option.
- Make sure your flooring has anti-skid strips on the steam room floor to prevent slipping. You would hate to fall on a hard surface after relaxing.
- When lighting up your steam shower make sure you have vapor sealed lighting fixtures for your steam shower. Keeping moisture out of your lights is very important to preventing a short in your circuits.
- Make sure your steam shower has no windows if they do they must be double-pane to hold in the steam.
- Remember that no heating, venting or air conditioning devices should be installed inside your steam room.
- Make sure you have enough space to accommodate your new steam shower. The ideal steam shower has a maximum ceiling height of eight feet. If you have a taller space, you will need to consider getting a higher rated steam generator.
- Steam showers work by the use of generator. The generators produce the steam you enjoy in your shower, but in order to complete your remodel, you need to know where to store this generator. Generators can be installed in a closet, vanity, heated attic or basement and must be up to 60 feet away from the steam room. Plumbing connections should include a water line to the generator to the steam room and a drain line. Your household electric power is required to operate your generation and look for steam generators that are UL Listed.
Steam showers are very complex and not like your basic San Diego bathroom remodel Make sure you find experienced installers to get your steam shower built. With generators and very specific items needed to create this home oasis, it’s best a professional completes this task. Once your steam shower is completed by a pro, it will be worth every penny and stressful moment during its construction. Do you want to include a steam shower in your next bathroom remodel? Call us at 858-224-7373!